The Red Dragon Main Event is gearing up to a climactic finish. 69 competitors arrived on Day 3 of the Main Event, and by the end of today’s play, just nine will remain in contention for the prestigious trophy and the HK$3,055,000. Additionally, the winner will receive a PokerStars Players NL Hold’em Championship (PSPC) Platinum Pass worth US$30,000.
China's Junhao Hong is leading the pack with a commanding chip lead on Day 3. Hong has assimilated an impressive 4,610,000 in chips which he will take to the final table.
Event 24: HK$5,000 Teams Event
The HK$5,000 buy-in Teams Event drew 52 teams in total that generated HK$226,980 in prize pool. Team Jingyang Yu and Wensheng Huong overcame Team Rajeev Raut and Neeraj Kumar after a heads-up deal was concurred. The first-place victors earned HK$64,500 for their finish while the Indian duo made HK$58,000 for their runner up finish.
Final Table Standings (HK$)
1. Jingyang Yu and Wensheng Huang - HK$64,500*
2. Rajeev Deepak Raut and Neerai Kumar - HK$58,000*
3. Ta-Wei Tou and Chia Chen Chen - HK$31,800
4. Guofeng Hoe and Xianhe Alecz Chan - HK$24,980
5. Hiroyuki Noda and Kazuhiro Shirasswa - HK$18,200
6. Shaun Wei Boon Phang and Bao Qiang Ho - $15,900
7. Darren Yee Joon Wee and Zi Kai Li - $13,600
Following the success in the Macau Poker Cup, a score of notable Indian poker pros have set sail to the Philippines to participate in the ongoing Asia Poker League.
The Red Dragon Main Event is gearing up to a climactic finish.
The 28th edition of the Macau Poker Cup is presently underway, and Indian competitors have already made headway at the City of Dreams.